Arundel

Options
Can anyone tell me of any decent places to eat here please ?

Comments

• tightgit_2
    Options
    Anyone ?????
  • whereishergar
    Options
    The Black Rabbit, even locals recommend it - great pub follow the road at the bottom of castle and on the river - never had a bad meal - enjoy!
  • suekjw
    suekjw Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Far too long since I was there, but got to agree, you HAVE to go to The Black Rabbit - great pub, great grub!

Sue
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    there is a pub beside the river which is nice, its on the main road as you come into arundel
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • tightgit_2
    Options
    The Black Rabbit, even locals recommend it - great pub follow the road at the bottom of castle and on the river - never had a bad meal - enjoy!

Thanks. Can kids eat there?
  • whereishergar
    Options
    Yes, I took mine 6 and 8 yrs, and there were loads, its not a fancy type place, more a place of character - have been several times, in the summer its beautiful you can sit outside on a barmy evening to eat at picnic benches right next to the river with stunning views of Arundel castle. If you have difficulty finding it ask anyone - its right at the end of the road along the river - i think they are officially classed as one of the top 50 pubs in UK! I always eat here when we are staying at the Hilton Avisford Park in Arundel as the food at the hotel is so disgusting!
  • comperking
    Options
    tightgit wrote:
    Can anyone tell me of any decent places to eat here please ?

Black Rabbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it a wide berth!! Great if you like chips with everthing! BurgerKing with a view!

Go to the "George & Dragon" (Houghton) just at the back of Arundel. Superb food and at pub prices (Top end) and great views of the valley behind.
    COMPERKING

Absenthe makes the heart grow fonder!

:A :A :A :A :A :A :A
  • suekjw
    suekjw Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It has been a long time since I was there! If the food is that bad, I would still pop by there for a drink though!

Sue
  • carlwoodcock
    Options
    the black rabbit is only good in summer outside . top place this time of year george and dragon houghton.
  • comperking
    Options
    the black rabbit is only good in summer outside . top place this time of year george and dragon houghton.

Well said carlwoodcock!

I've met the landlord George, but have yet to meet his wife!!!!
    COMPERKING

Absenthe makes the heart grow fonder!

:A :A :A :A :A :A :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills