Nitty Gritty Comb

Options
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the lady at Nitty Gritty who sent me up one of her combs in the mail the other day due to Boots not being able to fulfill a script for it. I was ready to have a flipping breakdown this morning, tears the lot due to you know what, read back on my previous posts and you'll get what I'm on about. Never suffered before and I really was starting to get to my wits end.

If you have kids of any age, or are around kids of any age then I would HIGHLY recommend getting this comb. The comb I did buy initially tore up my scalp and left my hair looking like a bale of straw, great... Got the Nitty Gritty comb this morning and boy, it glides through your hair and doesn't tear up your head. It really does do what they say it does, it's brilliant. Don't even bother with a standard metal comb as all they get is the biggies, and you certainly don't want to get them in your hair. At last, now I can concentrate on getting organised for Christmas, cards done, decorations up etc, sanity back. What a huge relief.

If you do get the "problem" then a bottle of baby oil, Nitty Gritty comb and a bottle of tea tree shampoo, is all that you would need. If I knew about this last week, then I'd have saved myself a fortune indeed.

Here's the comb and it's available on prescription. Even if you have never suffered, I would have it on hand, just incase. Standard metal combs, their teeth you can drive a truck through but not the case with this one.

3small.gif

I hope this post will be allowed. I can't thank the lady enough, I was in absolute tears several times this morning due to the frustration of these !!!!!! [email="b@ggers"]b@ggers[/email], was ready to chop my long hair off too. I'd would HATE for someone to get these things, they are NOT NICE at all and it is better to check on a regular basis and catch early rather than have them when they are the size of cockroaches. YEEUCH!! I will be combing my kids on a regular basis, every day, with this comb now, it's an absolute godsend, and it doesn't shred your hair/scalp unlike the other metal and plastic ones on the market.
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• cosmile
    cosmile Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Smiley_Mum wrote:
    Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the lady at Nitty Gritty who sent me up one of her combs in the mail the other day due to Boots not being able to fulfill a script for it. I was ready to have a flipping breakdown this morning, tears the lot due to you know what, read back on my previous posts and you'll get what I'm on about. Never suffered before and I really was starting to get to my wits end.

If you have kids of any age, or are around kids of any age then I would HIGHLY recommend getting this comb. The comb I did buy initially tore up my scalp and left my hair looking like a bale of straw, great... Got the Nitty Gritty comb this morning and boy, it glides through your hair and doesn't tear up your head. It really does do what they say it does, it's brilliant. Don't even bother with a standard metal comb as all they get is the biggies, and you certainly don't want to get them in your hair. At last, now I can concentrate on getting organised for Christmas, cards done, decorations up etc, sanity back. What a huge relief.

If you do get the "problem" then a bottle of baby oil, Nitty Gritty comb and a bottle of tea tree shampoo, is all that you would need. If I knew about this last week, then I'd have saved myself a fortune indeed.

Here's the comb and it's available on prescription. Even if you have never suffered, I would have it on hand, just incase. Standard metal combs, their teeth you can drive a truck through but not the case with this one.

3small.gif

I hope this post will be allowed. I can't thank the lady enough, I was in absolute tears several times this morning due to the frustration of these !!!!!! [email="b@ggers"]b@ggers[/email], was ready to chop my long hair off too. I'd would HATE for someone to get these things, they are NOT NICE at all and it is better to check on a regular basis and catch early rather than have them when they are the size of cockroaches. YEEUCH!! I will be combing my kids on a regular basis, every day, with this comb now, it's an absolute godsend, and it doesn't shred your hair/scalp unlike the other metal and plastic ones on the market.

my doctor will not give me a script for it,he said its upto local heath authority,and they say its not essential. :mad:
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    cosmile wrote:
    my doctor will not give me a script for it,he said its upto local heath authority,and they say its not essential. :mad:

No wonder you are mad, that is ludicrous. When you think of the miniscule cost of the comb compared to the huge/vast amounts you can end up shelling out on various pesticides/insectides etc which are questionable in their safety to health, I'd be writing to the Local Health Authority about it, that is absolutely crazy. This comb is brilliant, I've just done my hair dry combed and it is brill, no snagging or anything and it's cleared it up 1000 times better than the metal instrument of torture I bought in the chemist the other day. I would persist and go back to your doctor. My doctor gave me a script for it no problem at all, although Boots said they were out of stock two days in a row, eventually came in though. The lady at Nitty Gritty was very helpful and I can't thank her enough about how good this comb is. I felt like I was climbing a mountain at the weekend, getting just about to the top and then falling back to the bottom again, and starting all over again, and again. I really was despairing. Get a letter off to your Local Health Authority or call them, I would persist. What would you rather use, pesticides/insectides which are questionable in safety, (on young kids too where it most prevalent) or an extremely effective comb which is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to bug busting the little [email="b@ggers"]b@ggers[/email]. I hope you get somewhere.

I'm sure if someone in the Local Health Authority who was responsible for the non issuance of this comb got you know what, or their little kid got it, would they slap the equivalent of crop spray on their young child's head. MAD, totally MAD. :mad:
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One day of use and all clear. Tomorrow is "crop spraying" time again so doom for the little [email="b@ggers"]b@ggers[/email].
  • SaraSeahorse
    Options
    I have got one of these too and it is great
    it does make a funny noise though compared to other combs a bit like a scratching sound - I think this is due to the special grooves in each tooth

I never use potions and just stick with decent nit comb like this and lots of conditioner - you just comb the little b*ggers out

there is no excuse for anyone to put up with nits - it just takes some patience and combing
    Baby Milk Action is a non-profit organisation which aims to save lives and to end the avoidable suffering caused by inappropriate infant feeding.
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    All clear now, never given them a chance, been combing like a maniac since the Nitty Gritty comb arrived. I'd have been demented with using the other comb I got, it was hopeless. They are only of use if you have a major bout and have a head of beetles. I combed hair every chance, wet, dry etc etc, didn't give the blighters a chance. Now clear, will continue for as long as it takes. The Nitty Gritty is a godsend, I'd have been nuts by now if I didn't have it. I urge everyone to get one, good to have on hand just incase you get affected by this total nuisance. Otherwise you'll have hair like straw and go insane.
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Make sure you still comb through every day. If theres even 1 egg in there they will breed again like wild fire.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Smiley_Mum
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Make sure you still comb through every day. If theres even 1 egg in there they will breed again like wild fire.

Don't I know it, I'm forever asking the kids if they itch, or feel movement in their hair, crazy I know but I think I'd rather have a plague of locusts come visit than have these things affect us again. Combing, combing, combing - thank goodness for the Nitty Gritty though. My hair is looking a bit better now, doused in coconut leave in conditioner, going through about a bottle every couple of days between myself and the kids. The blighters don't like the smell and move house.

Before Nitty Gritty comb

Darkside_with.jpg

Believe me, after a few days of using a basic metal/plastic comb, particularly if your hair is long you will be looking exactly like the guy above, eyes too.

After the Nitty Gritty comb, two days' usage.

img_hair5.jpg

:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure