How can i disable the emailer plus

Options
I have just bought an emailer plus on ebay and found out that it has to connect to an email server every day at a cost of at least 15p every time. I spoke to amserve and they said if i do not agree to do this the phone will not work at all. Any body know how to disable this e mail connection so i can at least use the phone.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Welcome stevew.

I think you may have bought a lemon.

It appears the best way to disable it is to unplug it - see HERE.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    When you initially set up your account don't supply any of your details correctly, tell it you dont have Caller display even if you do.

Set dialling to PABX and the prefix to '5' (make sure this does'nt call a number in your area i.e no numbers start '509')

With these mods you won't recieve adverts and it will not be able to call amserv every day.

However 7 days after your initial sign up period the phone's inbuilt counter will lock the phone and make it unusable as it has'nt been able to phone home. You can get round this to dial out by picking up the handset and holding down the email button which will eventually give you a dial tone.

So basically if it does'nt phone home every 3 days the phone will keep going into locked mode. I've found a way of resetting this to 7 days. pm me if you want that info.

Cheers

G
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family