DLA Rate

Options
What is the DLA rate for being born deafness in both ears ?

I heard most getting lower rate, middle rate or even higher rate of DLA award.

As I know being deafness since birth mean will be lifetime deafness never getting better or healing for the rest of their live.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    DLA isnt paid for a condition,but for care and or mobility needs that may arise from a medical condition,have a look at this from the RNID
    http://www.rnid.org.uk/searchresults/?keyword=dla&originatingSectionId=83562
  • SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Not all those born deaf stay deaf by the way.When I was a Health Visitor I worked with the doctor that pioneered cochlear impants,which will give a very useful range of hearing for people with certain types of deafness. There are also different ranges of severity of deafness whether it is in one or both ears.

In my experience babies will not get DLA for deafness,as it doesn't cause any significant increases in care compared to any other baby. This obviously can change as a child gets oder but can be extremely variable.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
  • shelley_uk
    Options
    A profoundly deaf person may qaulify for lower rate mobility if they can show that they need guidance/supervision from another person. For example, a deaf person may not be able to communicate, or can only communicate by sign language, and may require guidance in unfamiliar places if s/he is unable to ask someone for directions

A small baby or child would not need to communicate as they would normally be supervised by an adult
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure