paying for childcare while on maternity leave

Options
hi there
my partner is a childminder,and at the moment she has a little boy for after school care,his mother gets most of his childcare paid by tax credits,the thing is she is due a baby in april,(that is the mother of the little boy)but still wants the boy to come to my partner for the usual 3 hours,she seems to think the childcare would still be paid for her,but i don't see how they will,because she will be on maternity leave,and not working,anyone clarify this for me
thanks
scott:D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    She is still classed as working during paid maternity leave so would still qualify for help from tax credits. It may seem odd but it is still legitimate.
  • scotty1971
    scotty1971 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks very much,but as you say very odd
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I suppose it is so that the parents dont lose childcare places if they take the child out for a while.
  • Auzelia
    Auzelia Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    I think its a good thing.
    I for one am glad that I will still be getting my childcare part paid for once my new baby comes along.
  • scotty1971
    Options
    it's very good for my partner too as she dosen't have to fill his space now,and he really enjoys coming after school anyway.thanks for your replys
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Options
    Auzelia wrote: »
    I think its a good thing.
    I for one am glad that I will still be getting my childcare part paid for once my new baby comes along.

must say it saved me a lot of stressful days. imagine how pushed out your child would feel when your attentions on the baby. its good yo keep tghem in their usual routine. then, when you do see them, you can give them all the attention you can!
  • scotty1971
    Options
    thanks for the replys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts