'Getting political...' blog discussion

Options
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's 'Getting political...' Blog.
Click reply to discuss below.

Comments

• charitygirl
    Options
    Brilliant. Esp on the part of the Lib Dems. Mental Health issues are always something I've felt passionately about, from a legal and policy standpoint, particularly the treatment of the mentally ill in the justice system. that said, the economic viewpoint is critical now, and it is great to see people championing it. I look forward to some MSE influenced Lib Dem policy statements in the not too distant future!!!
  • emfaz
    emfaz Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey,

I'm a student social worker, a passionate comper and love this site (well until today when I handed in my dissertation and got a job offer and headed to reentering the workforce!)

As a student I have my own money issues but having worked in the mental health field I would love to see the issues of mental health and debt raised. It has an impact on two levels. Money issues influence the mental wellbeing of all of us but debt problems compound the issues that those living with mental illness have to face. Having worked for Capital One for 8 years before my career change I know that some large financial organisations target those who aren't always in the position to repay.

i would love to see Martin raising this important issue - the only problem I have is that ethically I want the liberals to win based on policy but is it not a vote for the opposition and a vote for the Daily Mail/Conversatives who will destroy this country and leave me unemployed!
    2011 £11110 2012 £806 2013 £660 2014 £760
    2015 £110 2016 £1200 2017?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Perhaps the issues above might help push things forward a bit. I also intend to offer the parties the ability to communicate directly in the forum if they want to.

Is there a risk the forum could get clogged with political messages at election time?

Maybe they would need a signature in the same vein as the mortgage advisers?
    I am a political adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a political adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Politicians Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for propaganda and vote winning purposes only and shouldn't be seen as genuine information.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • feesh
    feesh Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    I was really shocked when I read this blog that the Government actually pay "Tv pundits" to promote certain messages such as the EHIC card.

I am so naive!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport