Kaupthing Edge Advice

Options
I have a sum of money in Kaupthing edge, and I have more money to save. I have used my cash ISA allowance. Is it avisable to put this extra money in Kaupthing, or should I wait, or take it all out and open an account elsewhere?!
Sorry, i'm very confused by all this!!

Comments

• amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have just telephoned ING regarding my transfered Kaupthing Edge one year fixed rate deposit, they have confirmed they are honouring the 7.15%, and at present they are still paying 6.36% on my transfered KE access savings account but that this rate is obviously variable.

It seems they are treating their "transfered savers" alot better than their existing customers.

I think it is very likely that when the dust settles the KE access savings rate of 6.36% will drop to whatever the ING's rate is. If your savings are in a KE access savings account I'm afraid it's too late to transfer them to the 7.15% fixed rate. So it all really depends on which KE savings account you've got.
    As for the security of ING, it is recently Fitch rated "AA-" and stable, for full details see the thread Are you leaving ING.
    Personally I feel confident enough to leave my savings with ING
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family