Options
    Good Luck in your journey to Senior Unit Leader

Yeah going to meeting, hopefully meet you then

:beer:
  • candlegirl
    candlegirl Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

How is your various promotions for Jan going???

I can't believe how much stuff partylite are giving away to hostess's this month - ideal tool to help us booking parties - love the scratchcards as this will help us get plenty of parties booked into Feb -as we had this promotion in April last year and worked wonders!

K
    I get paid to party!:rotfl:
  • Aurelia_2
    Aurelia_2 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    I did PartyLite for 2 years and actually ended up putting more money into it than I was getting out of it. If you have an endless supply of friends, family and work colleagues who haven't heard of PartyLite before then you'll probably do well. However if they've all been to parties before, or are (like the rest of us) tightening their budget belt, then you'll encounter similar issues that I had.

Basically I had no foundation for my first 6 shows and trying to get a party without someone first seeing what happens is very difficult. I'm the first one to say the products are great! But as a way to get lots of income it can be really hit and miss.
    £2 Savers Club no.91 = ?? (unknown until full and counted)
    Review writing = £3.60 + $25.00
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • candlegirl
    Options
    Aurelia - welcome

I have been with partylite for nearly 2 years like yourself and never ever put one penny of my own money as very lucky to have a great leader who lent me anything I didnt have in my kit which certain hostess's wanted to see, and once I started bringing people into the business you get £100 vouchers for every one so now I use these to get things which I can use for door prize offers, and when I do buy the special offers each month and the end of the month I then raffle them off and get my money back to buy next month's offers.

I do see what your saying with needing contacts - but I just worked hard at building my contacts and making sure once I had them as a customer - I always made sure they were happy with everything which is just good customer service and this seems to be working now, as like you I had very little contacts who lived near by and had to work at building my business.

I have not found any problems recently with the credit crunch - in fact I have found my sales at my parties are actually increasing on last year and I believe thats because we are not a candle business as some people think but a fragrance business which means we sell so much more than just candles, eg well being spa range, reed diffusers - which have got us into many more markets.

Im sorry it didnt work for you but Its working for me and im enjoying it.

K
  • kaz1971
    kaz1971 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah the promotions are great, will need to call Partylite as I got no Feb scratchcards.

Did you go to meeting last night? Were you or your guests luckly enough to win lots of freebies?
  • candlegirl
    Options
    Phone head-office first thing this morning and they should send in the post.

Yes went to the meeting my guestdidnt win anything but she has signed up and going for the 15th Jan challenge day so thats great.

Did you take a guest along?
  • Aurelia_2
    Options
    Hi candlegirl :)

I definitely enjoyed doing it and even with the issues I'd had I was working towards getting my own team together. I had 8 people who all wanted to join, which was great! Then in the space of 10 days every single one of them had to pull out (one decided to emigrate to Aus, ones husband was diagnosed with cancer... the list of reasons was horrendous!) so, after having to struggle to make ends meet for so long, I saw it as fate telling me to pack it in. So I did lol!

The crazy thing is, I moved house a year later, to a much smaller house, and had to get rid of a lot of things - I made more money ebaying my old Partylite items that I couldn't keep than I did as a consultant lol!

That isn't to say it isn't for everyone, there are a LOT of success stories out there, I just think it's good for people to realise that it isn't a sure fire way to make money. I worked really hard at it but sometimes you just have to call it a day.
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • candlegirl
    Options
    Hi Aurelia

Im sorry to hear that - as you say you do have to work at it - sometimes it will work and maybe like you sometimes it doesnt work. Unfortunately such is life!

At the moment its working for me so Im very lucky and enjoying it, as well as earning good money which is helping get me debt free!!!!!:beer:
  • Aurelia_2
    Options
    Yes debt free is always good! :D

...hopefully I will be soon!
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    I've just seen this thread. I've been with PartyLite for 2 1/2 years and it's a fab company to work with. I'm based in Wiltshire covering Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset, etc so if anyone wants any info about hosting a party or joining and receiving a free kit then please just pm me!!

Here's to a fab 2009!!!!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family