Sliderobes

Options
We're thinking of getting 'Sliderobes' for our bedroom because we need as much storage space as possible and we haven't been able to find full height 'off the shelf' wardrobes that will fit our ceiling height.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much Sliderobes cost. We'd need something that's about 2-3 metres long.

Do they have a sale at any particular time of the year or has anyone been able to get and use a discount code?

Perhaps there are other NI companies that make wardrobes to fit but would they be as good as Sliderobes? Grateful for any tips / advice.
Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)

Comments

• tates1979
    tates1979 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Bump for this post rather than add one of my own - im in the same predicament and was wondering if anyone would recommend a company/joiner that do sliderobes at lower prices than Sliderobes themselves!

We want to put them in our bedroom, but across a chimney breast (and on either side)

Thanks folks

;)
  • jenny-wren
    jenny-wren Posts: 838 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Eventually we'd like to do the same thing in our spare bedroom i.e. span a wardrobe across a chimney breast. Could this be problematic? If anyone can recommend a good (and cheap) place to get wardrobes I'd be most grateful.

I see B&Q do sliding wardrobes but are they any good?
  • sparky40
    sparky40 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The OH and I were in Ikea looking and they have lovey ones in a dark wood, they arent sliderobes but storage is great.

Depends on whether you rate Ikea or not, its like marmite you either love it or hate it!
    :j Norn Iron Club Member No. 343 :j
  • jenny-wren
    jenny-wren Posts: 838 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've looked in Ikea but they only do two heights, one is around 2m and would mean that we'd lose almost a foot of storage space between the wardrobe and the ceiling and the next height is too tall.
  • RTNI
    RTNI Posts: 817 Forumite
    Options
    The OH and I would like to replace very dark wood wardrobe doors in the bedroom with some sliding doors - would be just over 3 meters in length. I think there is a company based in Carryduff that does this but has anyone used them before (or any recommendations)?

Thanks.
    Regards, Robin.
    2011 MFW # 34
    Mortgage starting balance at Sept 09 - £127,224 on 30 year term. Currently balance approx £116,945 (Updated Jan '12)
    Estimated MFD - [STRIKE]Sept 2039[/STRIKE]
    , April 2031 (in progress!)
  • garrity2005
    Options
    jenny-wren, When we moved into our House in 2002, we got Sliderobes in the back Bedroom, absolutely fantastic, we purchased these from Guys Home Interiors (Victor Guy) Tel:- 028 7776 7756 (Mobile No:- 07989 390970). They are 8ft Long (2 Mirror Doors) which go right up to ceiling, and were very reasonably priced around £450.00. Never had any bother with them, Victor covers the whole of Northern Ireland.

We actually got another Sliderobe in my Sons room, really brillant job, around the same size for £550.00, about year or so ago, hold a great deal of stuff, he can even pull the door open and watch his TV at Night, it actually up to yourself what shelf format you want.

I have no hesitation in recommending the above - 1st Class, and very speedy & Professional Service.

Trust that this is of help you.;)

Regards: Martin
    gar2005
  • Milko
    Milko Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    www.Komandor.ie follow the links through to the only NI dealer in Irvinestown phone them up and ask for Gerry ... NOT the cheapest but very modern & solidly put together
  • lizzieg44
    Options
    we got victor guy great service and fitted ours well we have a sloped ceiling can def recommend him:D:D:D
  • mcmullar
    Options
    Hi folks, for info I work for Sliderobes Group and I'm new to money saving expert. Jenny-Wren, to answer your questions: we don't ever do sales, but sometimes do promotions; and if you give one of our showrooms a call one of the team will be able to give you an indication of the price. By the way, whilst others do sliding wardrobes, you can only get Sliderobes from one of our own stores. Hope this helps.
  • hasbag
    Options
    sliderobes product is a really high spec they use a german system which is built to last for yrs its the same system i have stated to use but far cheaper
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure