Child Tax Credit...Anyone else having problems?

Options
I submitted a claim for child tax credit shortly after the birth of my daughter, 10 months ago and I am still waiting for payment.

If I ring the helpline to find out what is going on I just get told "a computer error is preventing the payment being processed" and "they don't know how long it will take to sort out".

I have made 2 written complaints, one to the complaints manager and one to the complaints director, but the response is just the same, "a computer error is preventing the payment being processed" and "they don't know how long it will take to sort out".

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm now taking additional/unpaid maternity leave and could really do with this money, but I'm at a loss of what else to do :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If a computer eror is stopping it going in to payment you cannot be penalised. Whilst it is being sorted they should manually calculate your award and pay you 4 weekly by giro cheque.

Call them up and request that they send an "Out Of Payment Referral" to TCO. If they refuse request to speak to a manager and ask them to do it.

If you get mch more hassle you should speak to your MP as they have a direct line to TCO and can sometimes get things moving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure