Best European Breakdown Cover?

I have two cars in my household -
A new Renault Scenic, which came with free (UK) breakdown cover
A 5-year-old Ford Focus, covered by Autoaid.

Am taking the family to Eurodisney in December, which involves 5 days of self-drive in France (actually only one day going out and one day coming back, but that's beside the point!)

Am trying to work out the best way of getting European breakdown cover (the cheapest is, of course, to go without, especially with a new car. But with 3 young children, I don't want to take the risk)

To add European cover to the existing Breakdown cover would be an extortionate (I think!) £40, for just 5 days cover!

Alternatives I've found so far are:
Eurorescue - £18 for European cover for 5 days.
Rowett - £25 for UK & European annual cover!
Autoaid - £18 for European cover for 5 days.

OK, so the actual costs/savings are not great, but I guess I'm looking for the best VALUE (ie. best service for best cost) rather than the cheapest per se.

Rowett 'sounds' like the best value, as it includes UK cover (though I've already got it) AND 'annual' European cover for just £7 more (useful 'if' I go abroad again). However, they are the least known of the companies (I'd never heard of them before today).

Any one had any similar needs for short-term European cover, and/or experiences (especially with claiming) for any European breakdowns with one of the above (or another) company?

Cheers,
Don
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure