littlewoods

Options
enough said

Comments

• adr0ck
    adr0ck Posts: 2,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sorry i think i need to put this in the vent board ...........anyone know how to do this?

littlewoods really made me laugh today

heres the story

bought a dryer from littlewoods over the net a while ago for £130 after various vouchers found on site

received letter today saying i owed them money for late payment on dryer or something like that with outsatnding balance on account of £165.....so i rang them up to query amount and make payment etc (thought i'd set up direct debit when ordering online....obviously not) anyway spoke to someone called barbara who said i owed £165 and thats that...i said i've got an email saying i owe £130.....she stated i def owed £165 and thats that if i wanted to argue i needed to speak to someone from internet department i said fine can you please put me through...so she said no not able to do that.......and gave me a number to ring.......which was 08456888222...i queried number a couple of times as its only one number diff from the number i rang.....08457888222 to speak to barbara.....no def that number...so i rang that number....and its a deadline surprise surprise....so i rang back up and just asked someone for internet number........someone asked my name and account number so i just said mr jones (i'm not i just wanted a number) at which point barbara came back on the phone and said your not mr jones your a liar!!!!! fair enough i said i just wanted the telephone number without causing any hastle...so i asked barbara why the phone number she gave me didn't work...and she said wait for it......your in the wrong part of the country for the number to work...what i said....your in the wrong part of the country for that number to work.....you have to be phonign from another part of the country for that number to work!!!!!!! at which point i fell about laughing!!!!!!!!!! what if you ring from a mobile i asked ...how do you know what part of the country i'm in? they would know your in the wrong part of the country

anyway i did eventually spk to someone from the internet department and yes barbara could have put me through no problem at all and no the number she gave me does not exist!!!!!
  • purplepixi
    Options
    I've not had any problems with littlewoods, apart from their credit card, I phoned just to pay my bill as the online account section doesn't work, and ended up applying for a credit card with them, why? Because the woman on the other end of the phone wouldn't give up. I got the paperwork and just put it in the bin - I don't need another, now they phone me 2 times a week asking if I've sent it back yet - talk about harrassment.

Also I have noticed that most of the catalog compaines are actually holding the same stock, I got the same xmas brochure from 4 different catalog companies, and there was a really nice pair of boots that I wanted for xmas, the price ranged from £49.99 up to £79.99 quite a difference. Exactly the same boots, the cheapest was from Additions whereas Littlewoods was the most expensvie. So it just shows that you should shop around.
  • Justicia
    Justicia Posts: 1,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    adr0ck wrote:
    your in the wrong part of the country for the number to work...what i said....your in the wrong part of the country for that number to work.....you have to be phonign from another part of the country for that number to work!!!!!!! at which point i fell about laughing!!!!!!!!!! what if you ring from a mobile i asked ...how do you know what part of the country i'm in? they would know your in the wrong part of the country

Hmmm... I'll bear that in mind for the future in case a number doesn't work for me either...

:rolleyes: :snow_laug :confused:
    "Part P" is not, and has never been, an accredited electrical qualification. It is a Building Regulation. No one can be "Part P qualified."

Forum posts are not legal advice; are for educational and discussion purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with a competent, qualified advisor.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    You are ringing from the wrong part of the country - thats a new excuse on me! Wonder how long it took her to think that one up and how many other people she has told - and how many of those people have believed her!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • Catch_A_Fire
    Options
    I'm fairly sure that with non-geographical numbers (08....) it's possible to divert calls from different areas to different call centres (e.g. your local call centre) to help with local knowledge and accent understanding etc.. Not sure if this system can pick up on where a mobile call originates though. I don't think it's possible to reject calls on the basis of geographical origin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure