Liverpool Victoria 0870 number

Options
Hi,

My girlfriend was recently involved in an accident that was not her fault. The insurance company of the other driver have admitted liability.

However, the insurance company, Liverpool Victoria, gave my girtlfriend an 0870 number to call when she needed to talk to them about hiring a car until hers can be replaced. She was on hold for over 20 minutes this morning.

Given that none of what's happened is her fault, can we claim back the telephone costs? I don't see why we should be made to pay £20+ just to arrange her continued transport!?

Comments

• dougk_2
    dougk_2 Posts: 1,403 Forumite
    Options
    An 0870 number is not premium rate its national rate so it won't cost £1 a minute! (should be less than 10p a minute unless calling from a mobile).

If you have unisured loss recovery then they should be able to claim back all this and other expenses for you
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    0845 6097171

01202 292333 Liverpool Victoria / Frizzell switchboard
  • TRADESIZE
    TRADESIZE Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2009 at 5:44PM
    Options
    0870 4198132 option 3 will get you thru to the car hire team for when your car is a total loss (write off) and you want a hire car for when your car is a total loss. option 4 on the same number is for if negotiating the value of yur car
    Jeff
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • delbay
    delbay Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    The local number 01202292333 works exactly as their free number and gives the 0870 number for claims!
    So no chance to call the claim department on a local number ???
    I had an accident last night and am covered by Liverpool Victoria. (Comprehensive) and wonder if the excess fee is only when I would like to calim for any repair in my own car or it is a must even when only my third party calims for the loss.
    It was my very first accident and I'm still not sure if it's cheaper to take my car to a gargae and get it repaired or leave it with the Liverpool Victoria!
    The excess fee is £250 and my passenger wing and frond bumper need to get changed.
    Any advice, please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport