Excellent Forum For Parents of Children/Adults with Learning Disabilities

This site is of great value to parents/carers of people whom have a learning disability www.learningdisabilities.org.uk/information/have-your-say/choice-forum/
You will find a wealth of help and advice which includes grants etc, although you will need to join the forum. Once you have joined you will be able to post questions.

Comments

• kfer_kaz
    kfer_kaz Posts: 1,237 Forumite
    Thanks for the link, although when I tried to join they were asking questions about which organisation I worked for. I noticed this at the top of the page.

The Choice Forum is a free internet mailing list bringing together people working with people with learning disabilities.

I was expecting to see a forum for people who have or live with people with learning difficulties?
    2008 won £5119.04 :j
    2009 won so far £0:rotfl:
    All together now..........
    Always look on the bright side of life :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
  • suzyq
    suzyq Posts: 187 Forumite
    Hi there, just put parent/carer. Cannot remember what I put as I joined the forum about six years ago and the format was different then.
    And yes the forum is for parents and those who live with people with learning disabilities, it is also for professionals too. It is always up to date with the latest government policies (which apply to people with learning disabilities)
  • Hi
    I have filled out the form so just waiting to hear back from them .
  • suzyq
    suzyq Posts: 187 Forumite
    Good luck,
    I certainly found this site extreemly useful and still do, there are posts which relate to housing, direct payments, education, bank accounts for people with disabilities, current government legislation, disability discrimination etc,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure