🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Totally confused

Options
Hi, I want to get some buildings and contents home insurance and find that I haven't a clue where to start. Every site seems to be more confusing than the last one .Has anyone any recommendations that will tell me in 'ordinary english' exactly what is covered and not confuse me with small print.:confused:
I am a disabled widow living on a limited income so obviously cost per year is important to me as well.I can't afford to make a mistake in choosing. I have asked my fiends and family and they all come up with different things to look for in policys as well. I just want bog-basic cover that won't cost me a fortune that I can understand without all the waffle
Sorry if I sound a bit dumb

Comments

• shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We are with RIAS and have billy basic cover, buildings up to 1 mill and contents up to £50K, that's all, no accidental damage, no items away from home blah blah blah.
    We are in a 4 bed detached and pay £220 per year.

Here is a link to the site....
    http://www.rias.co.uk/
    I can't promise the site will tell you in ordinary english what cover you are getting because I don't use it, I call them each year and they better our cheapest quote so I renew on the phone.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family