Possible Alternative for Young Drivers paying High Car Insurance Premiums

Options
Hi all!!!

I've been reading through this site for a while and i can see a lot of people ask if theres any way of reducing car insurance premiums for young drivers, i've finally put some effort in to register and i'd like to tell you about the policy i've taken out for my car.

I'm 18 and drive a Citroen Saxo VTR. I'd been having quotes online and over the phone, with price varying from £1,800 to £4000!!! One of my mates had taken a policy out with a local company who were trialling a restricted driving policy called the I-Kube, where they gave you fully comp insurance for a really low price but said that you wernt meant to drive the car between 11PM and 5AM. This was perfect for me because i use the car mostly for getting to and from work and getting to rugby training and hardly ever used it in the night. I called them myself for a quote on the VTR and i ended up paying £1050 fully comp in my own name as well, so i'm earning No Claims Bonus thats gunna take 35% off my insurance next year.

I'm still covered fully comp if i ever do need to drive at night but they charge a £45 fine. This doesnt really bother me becuase i could drive it 20 times and it would still be cheaper than any of the other price i got. Its through Motaquote Insurance, like i said they're a Welsh Insurance Broker. Theres some info on the I-Kube online, just type it in to google.

The office i phoned was my nearest one in Risca, Gwent. The advisor i spoke to Stacey was very helpful. Heres the phone number for anybody that might be fed up of paying stupid prices for the boy racers who are out all night claiming and putting everyone elses insurance up!!!! :T

Rhys

Motaquote Insurance, I-Kube quotes
01633 601666
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills