We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car Leasing
Hi Guys
Wonder if anyone has any views on car leasing. I'm in the market for changing my car. In the past I have always bought low mileage 2nd hand and paid cash, however, a colleague has been extolling the virtues and financial sense of leasing.
Initially I dismissed the idea as being dead money, but looking at the depreciation after the 3 years I tend to keep a car I'm beginning to waver.
Your input would be most welcome both for and against.
TIA
Wonder if anyone has any views on car leasing. I'm in the market for changing my car. In the past I have always bought low mileage 2nd hand and paid cash, however, a colleague has been extolling the virtues and financial sense of leasing.
Initially I dismissed the idea as being dead money, but looking at the depreciation after the 3 years I tend to keep a car I'm beginning to waver.
Your input would be most welcome both for and against.
TIA
0
Comments
-
Do a search on this forum it has been covered quite a lot recently.
If you have high mileage it might not be for you
Car needs to go back in a pristine condition
I don't like leases longer than 2 years
Tax is normally covered
Is your source of income guaranteed for the period?
Bigger cars tend to offer better deals
Smaller cars not normally as good
Go for the deal NOT the car (eg decide what you need and have a shortlist don't decide you want say a BMW320 and try to get the deal)
Unpopular or about to be superceded models normally cheaper0 -
I agree Car Leasing is a good cheaper option.Thomson 757 Man0
-
Thanks Hintza
Did do a search but it didn't yield any results, will try the manual way now :-)0 -
search this forum for "lease"0
-
Works well for me - I like to change my car every two years so its nice to know when my car will go. No worries over depreciation as its not my issue, and never need to get an MOT.
Not for everyone, and others will be along who will say that all new cars are evil etc!0 -
thanks all, have searched and found the thread now, looks like I need to wait till toward the end of Dec, which suits me, and do a lot of research on insurance etc.
Thanks again0 -
Start short listing now and get an idea of how prices are moving so you knw when there is a good deal about.
Very good deals will only last a matter of days. Check they have stock on hand and don't accept extended delivery periods (suddenly car is not available).0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards