🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Student Insurance?

Options
My son has just started his first year at uni and lives in student accomodation linked to the university,he wants to get student insurance with the usual cover,which company should he go for?and how much should he be paying please any recomendations ?and would the insurance cover accidental damage and theft?thaks:confused:

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at Endsleigh.co.uk
  • cogito
    cogito Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Options
    It may be possible to extend your own contents insurance to cover his things.
  • rosieprimrose
    Options
    cogito wrote: »
    It may be possible to extend your own contents insurance to cover his things.

I would like to take out contents/.buildings insurance which will also cover my son's stuff while he is living in private accommodation during his second year at Uni.

Our current insurers are Halifax and they don't provide this sort of cover so I need to look at other companies. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of companies to look at?

Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family