Thank You. Unbelievable Car Insurance saving

Options
My girlfriend and I set our hearts on a brand new Honda Civic Type-R after recently taking it for a test drive. However, after calling many companies and many online quotes the best quote I could get was £5400 fully comp!!
I decided to try Martins guide and used confused.com. WOW!! I got a quote for £1162. Unbelievable. Here is a link to my quote resuls

LINK REMOVED AS IT SHOWED SOME PERSONAL DETAILS - QUOTES WERE IMPRESSIVE THOUGH!

I thought there must be some mistake so made a direct enquiry with ADMIRAL and theyve reduced the quote even further to £1128.

Thank You so much Martin for your site.

Graeme.

Comments

• Chester_Draws
    Options
    Graeme,
    I have sent you an email.

I suggest you remove the link you have posted for security reasons.( email explains)
    Bad Spellers of the world untie
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Guests can't modify posts.  This will have to be done by a board moderator.  Another good reason to post as a member rather than as a guest!  At least you can alter any mistakes you make.
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    Options
    Looking at the quotes on that link has left me wondering if anybody has ever managed to get car insurance with Direct Line...

I have never managed to get a quote off them, either by a multiple searcher such as confused or by calling them direct.
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fantastic - glad you saved so much.

PS SG! Direct Line were cheapest for me!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • loveabargain_6
    Options
    If you find that your car insurance is cheapest on your renewal - get a quote from existing company on the net and you will find that it is likely to be cheaper. They offer big discounts to new people. Then take out new policy and cancel your old one. :P
    Charles J
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This does not appear to be the case with Esure.

In fact I found it more expensive on-line.
    The reason for this is that they will only give you 6 years no claims on-line, but will give you up to 10 if you are a repeat customer.

I think it's refreshing to have a company that rewards loyal customers.
  • TRADESIZE
    TRADESIZE Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2009 at 5:45PM
    Options
    One of my collegues used to work for e sure. If you car is a total loss they give you between trade price and private sale, which is a very poor
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure