New TV

Options
My brother brought this widescreen TV from an Internet site (I can't remember the name but when I do I'll tell you).

The TV was fine for the first few weeks then it started switching off by itself. At first it used to happen once in a while and then it got to the stage where we could barely watch a programme without it constantly switching off every second.
So we got in touch with the company and they got it collected promising to fix it. After about 3 weeks or more we had it returned but then the same problems happened again.
We've had our TV taken away about 5 or 6 times already and the situation is ridiculous now! Everytime they return it they don't seem to have fixed a single thing. We've complained and everything but they haven't given us any compensation. The TV must have been out of the house for about 3 months...everytime we got it back, we had to have them pick it up to fix it soon afterwards.

It's the most apalling service I've ever seen.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Rumana

Comments

• surfcat
    surfcat Posts: 734 Forumite
    Options
    completly random thought... but stick some new batteries in the remote (or try an experiment where you take the remote out of the room)

If its not the remote, then you must insist on a full refund. Sale of goods act, not fit for purpose.
  • MajorR
    MajorR Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like a job for Trading standards they'll sort you out, if it cant be fixed you will be due a replacement or your money back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure