Faster payments with ABBEY!

Options
You cant send nor recieve faster payments with abbey!!

Go figure. :mad:

Comments

• Blenheim_2
    Options
    So far only one third of the Co-op bank sort codes are enabled to receive faster payments, none are able to send, so they aren't exactly driving this along with any great enthusiasm either.
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    my store card payments are faster. account to account ones tho are and extra day.

i dont get it.
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Options
    Abbey claim the delays are because they had a really old bank computer system which Santander is in the process of replacing.
  • PremierFella_2
    Options
    ... which is almost certainly true based on what I've seen and experienced in branches but is a poor excuse given that Faster Payments has been in the pipeline for a long time.

If Faster Payments made them money rather than cost them money I'm sure these heel-draggers would have implemented it by now, whatever the individual bank's systems issues.
  • BenL
    BenL Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Options
    The abbey system was very old when i worked there a few years ago and when new things needed to go into the system to keep it running they were just added on using external programs that interfaced to the old style system.

Its not worth the IT project spend to do the job twice.

Santander were/are migrating all the abbey group systems onto their all singing all dancing platform.

They started with Cahoot and the project I was working on at Cater Allen Private Bank was canned as the Santander system would take over.

Credit cards back from MBNA will be on the Santander platform I would assume now.

They will be building a lovely big data warehouse of customers relationships with the bank.

Got to have a respectable amount of data ready to misplace in the future!!
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family