scottish widow loydds takeover

Options
i have had a letter of scottish widows saying thay have been trying to trace me i had a policy with them about 18 years ago or more but forgot about it . thay say i am due a windfall payout because of the loydds take over it says min paymeant 500 pound has anyone had payout and how much and how long or no how to workout how much i mite get thanks for reading

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Hi there

This is the insurance forum, so I doubt anyone will be able to give you advice here.

My personal opinion: In this time of credit crisis and where people are worrying about how they are going to make ends meet, posting "I'm in the money" messages is tasteless. I think you would have got a better response if you had actually used your digit to dial the number on the letter and asking them rather than pressing little black buttons on your pc.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • dianenrg
    dianenrg Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    did say im in the money you dont no me i could have loads of debt that i need to pay with this money or and yer my buttons r white dont judge people you dont no no were in my thead says im in the money can u read
  • jessjess_2
    Options
    Can barely read what your typing. Maybe take an English class? Or stop typing like your texting your mates?
  • dianenrg
    Options
    sorry did not know you had to have a alevel in english to go on money saving expert thanks for your advice i fell sorry for anyone who cannot spell if that how you get treated on here cant see why you even botherd writing waste of time
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    normally is it considered rude to correct spelling and grammar on a forum. However, you did yourself bring the subject up when you asked Oscar "can u read".

You dont need an A level or an O level/GCSE. However, your post #3 was truly awful and on par with a 7 year old. If you have writing/learning problems then everyone would be sympathetic and work with you. Your "can u read" comment suggests you dont have writing problems as you wouldnt have been as rude in your response. The lack of grammar and awful spelling looks more like laziness and "txt spk" rather than actual ability. Your past posts also carry a similar, although nothing quite as bad, style. Using txt spk on forums never goes down well.

Your question has been answered on one of your duplicate threads (another thing that is frowned upon). So, take a look at that one.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure