Electricity Prices

Options
Miroslav
Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Hi

I can't get Uswitch to open for me, so are there any other price comparison sites?

I am currently with EON and have a key meter. It has two buttons - a blue one and a white one. I know one of them will tell you some details, but i'm not sure which one to press (I think the other stops all electricity supply?) Anyone know which is which?

Anyway, my current charges are 35.543p a day standing charge and 10.7p kWh primary unit rate and wish to find something cheaper.

I was told the Standing Charge was being abolished in April 2008, but having read the booklet, it seems key meters weren't included :(

I also have a debt with them of about £50 for some reason. They say the update in charges should be reflected when the key is next charged, but I have read that they are not updating them deliberately, so customers get into debt and cannot switch.

Anyway, any help with a good comparison website and/or advice on a good company and tariff would be most appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Miroslav
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Okay found out I needed to press the blue button.

It says

Total Debt £1

Charge £3

Price per kWh - £6.44

No wonder i'm in debt. It's not updating like they say it should!

What's more EON aren't doing anything about it. I have asked and they say it will go on next time etc etc, but it never does!
  • WhistleBlower
    Options
    We've alwts said with our customers to top up the meter 3 times to ensure the instruction gets through. (You can top up just £1 if needed) but try and leave 24 hrs between each one.
  • Miroslav
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This has been over 5 months and I top up every 2 weeks.

EON keep fobbing me off, so i've asked them to give me the exact bill and i'll pay it off out of my little fund and switch. They wont tell me the exact amount and as my meter is incorrect, the debt is getting larger by the kWh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure