We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
accident advice - do I need to contact my insurance?
1st time post here so hello to all MSE'ers!
Hopefully a simple question to answer - earlier this morning I was blinded by the low-lying sun whilst going round a corner on the way to work and clipped a parked car (his passenger side bumper was scratched and a bit of the plastic detailing knocked off, my passenger side headlight & bumper was cracked and I think the wing panel may have been shifted out a little as it doesn't run flush with the bonnet as it should do, that was it damage wise) we swapped details and he said he'd call his insurance company, my question is do I need to inform my insurance of the accident or will his insurers see to everything?
TIA
Hopefully a simple question to answer - earlier this morning I was blinded by the low-lying sun whilst going round a corner on the way to work and clipped a parked car (his passenger side bumper was scratched and a bit of the plastic detailing knocked off, my passenger side headlight & bumper was cracked and I think the wing panel may have been shifted out a little as it doesn't run flush with the bonnet as it should do, that was it damage wise) we swapped details and he said he'd call his insurance company, my question is do I need to inform my insurance of the accident or will his insurers see to everything?
TIA
0
Comments
-
yes you do need to tell them asap ,it will cost you your excess if fully compthere or their,one day i might us the right one ,until then tuff0
-
thanks for that! (Yep fully comp by way)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards