ING Direct uk,to acquire KE Deposits

Options

Comments

• Thinker
    Thinker Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    I would remind User 'CWCW' and other negative thinkers that KE is fully covered by by the UK FSCS.
  • nachovx
    nachovx Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    cwcw wrote: »
    They are Dutch, but if they went bust, how easy do you feel about claiming the first £16k from the Dutch? Granted, Holland is a bigger country than Iceland, but for me, I wouldn't touch anything other than full FSCS guarantees with a bargepole.

With the Dutch scheme you would have to claim the first €100,000 from the Dutch authorities. Seeing their limit is now higher than ours the FSCS would not get involved, technically. That would be 100% of the deposit for virtually all customers -a highly unsatisfactory prospect.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cwcw wrote: »

2) Why oh why couldn't they have bought Icesave too????

My thoughts exactly.
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    Thinker wrote: »
    I would remind User 'CWCW' and other negative thinkers that KE is fully covered by by the UK FSCS.

Thinker, if the title of this thread is true, and ING buys out KE's savings accounts, then it may no longer be fully covered by the UK FSCS.
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
  • Humper
    Humper Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    So what happens if you have a KE AND an ING account? Are they still compensated seperately if they are now in the same bank group? This is getting more confusing by the minute.
  • cwcw
    cwcw Posts: 928 Forumite
    Options
    Babycakes wrote: »
    I believe that Iceland has done a deal to sell off their bank deposits to ING.

Why Icesave was not part of it does not make sense.

I don't understand that either. I can only assume that the Icelandic government had, unfortunately for Icesave UK customers, ringfenced all those deposits for its own citizens, so effectively the £4.5bn deposit book is worthless. If only they'd chosen to do it the other way round - bleed Kaupthing/Heritable dry and sell off Icesave - that way there'd be no passport scheme complication at all.
  • Thinker
    Thinker Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    For Coolio - KE Login is fine. don't panick. CWCW - I would remind you and all KE customers are covered fully by the FSCS as KE is a registered UK bank. This position presumably wouldnt change with a buy out by ING.
  • webdigga
    webdigga Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinker wrote: »

not for much longer by the looks of it.....
  • nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    Humper wrote: »
    So what happens if you have a KE AND an ING account? Are they still compensated seperately if they are now in the same bank group? This is getting more confusing by the minute.

They're not in the same bank group. Yet. We won't know until it happens - it depends on whether they merge the FSA licenses (as in the case of Santander and B&B) or they don't (as in the case of Santander and Alliance+Leicester).
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure