We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Wanted: Audi A4 Avant under 9k

Pete.g
Pete.g Posts: 759 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
Hi I'm looking to get and Audi A4 avant diesel with less than 50k on the clock for less than 9k.

I want it to be under 5years old and would absolutly love a new shape one. I have been scouring ebay and autotrader for the last couple of week and the fewI have seen are gone almost straight away or have turned out to be dogs.

Is it possible to get this car for the money I have?

Any trader/audi dealers out there recently took one in part ex? ;)

I know it's a long shot but after all it is a buyers market at the minute.

Thanks,

Pete.
I'll get me coat!

Comments

  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    You should be able to get most used cars for up to 10% off book price.

    What's the attraction with the A4?
    OK nice looking car but so dull to drive.
    I'd spend the money on a much more entertaining and younger Mazda 6 or dare I suggest a BMW 3 series.
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    I spent best part of a year looking for exactly that kind of car, and even in the trade with trade-ins without any mark up etc, I could not find one for that money. Eventually I bought a Passat Sport 130TDi :D 6yrs old, £3500 :clap:
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • Pete.g
    Pete.g Posts: 759 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi and thanks for the replies,

    I have a BMW 320d Tourer atm and while I can't recommend them highly enough I do fancy a change. I travel 80-90 miles a day to and from work on my own out of my own pocket so comfort, reliability and mpg are all a big thing for me being sat in the car for up to 2hrs a day. The BMW has racked up 124k and I would imagine it'll do another 100k standing on it's head but like I said I just fancy a change and the way the market is I thought I may get a bargain and have always liked the Audi's.

    Although I do like the New shaped Passat estate, and new shape Mazda6 estate. It's just finding one with the right miles and right price.

    Thanks,

    Pete.
    I'll get me coat!
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Pete.g wrote: »
    Hi and thanks for the replies,

    I have a BMW 320d Tourer atm and while I can't recommend them highly enough I do fancy a change. I travel 80-90 miles a day to and from work on my own out of my own pocket so comfort, reliability and mpg are all a big thing for me being sat in the car for up to 2hrs a day. The BMW has racked up 124k and I would imagine it'll do another 100k standing on it's head but like I said I just fancy a change and the way the market is I thought I may get a bargain and have always liked the Audi's.

    Although I do like the New shaped Passat estate, and new shape Mazda6 estate. It's just finding one with the right miles and right price.

    Thanks,

    Pete.
    If you identify with and enjoy the way your nicely balanced RWD 3 series drives there is no way your going to be happy in an Audi A4. Take the A4 down a twisty stretch of road, watch out for all that wheel spin your suddenly going to have from the front wheels pulling away and then experience the understeer, torque steer, numb remote steering.
    I keep driving the versions of the A4 over the years (I lilke the looks and build quality) and even in quattro form they are dull compared to 3 series, Mazda 6, Mitsubishi Galant, Ford Mondeo, Nissan Primera up to 2002.
  • Mileage is irrelevant. Condition is everything.

    Don't concern yourself with the mileage. A car that has spent its life on the motorway will almost certainly be in better condition than one that has spent its life on local roads.
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Have to agree with PewPewHasNoClue ;)

    My Passat has done 117k, but all motorway miles, is almost new underneath, has been regularly serviced (FVWSH) and maintained at a dealer, and drives like a dream :)
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.