We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
DVLA want my money
Two years ago I put my horsebox Luton body on a new flatbed. The Leyland had previously been a fleet vehicle and had been driven with a personalized numberplate pertinent to the business. Prior to sale the flatbed had been given a new number plate whilst the business one was retained.
However, the flatbed had been MOT'd and taxed with the company number plate just prior to sale.
For AGES I was driving my horsebox and then I realized that I had not been sent any notification to re-tax the lorry. Why? because it did not exist in the peabrains of the DVLA under its new guise.
I informed the DVLA of this and nothing, I had to SORN the vehicle over winter, one it needed some work on it and two I couldn't tax it.
Told the DVLA I wanted to put it back on the road with the new number plate. OK I am now running my taxed and MOT'd vehicle BUT only because I told the DVLA that it existed.
Now they want to stiff me for £80 for not SORNING a vehicle that for 6 months they refused to believe existed.
I will resist all demands for money.
Any one else feeling similarly aggreived? :mad::mad::mad::mad:
However, the flatbed had been MOT'd and taxed with the company number plate just prior to sale.
For AGES I was driving my horsebox and then I realized that I had not been sent any notification to re-tax the lorry. Why? because it did not exist in the peabrains of the DVLA under its new guise.
I informed the DVLA of this and nothing, I had to SORN the vehicle over winter, one it needed some work on it and two I couldn't tax it.
Told the DVLA I wanted to put it back on the road with the new number plate. OK I am now running my taxed and MOT'd vehicle BUT only because I told the DVLA that it existed.
Now they want to stiff me for £80 for not SORNING a vehicle that for 6 months they refused to believe existed.
I will resist all demands for money.
Any one else feeling similarly aggreived? :mad::mad::mad::mad:
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards