where do i stand

Options
hi
I've accidental damage cover from lloyds for last two years, before this i was with another insurance company where i claimed my lost goods as i had robbery in my home. Now i had accident to my TV and claiming this. The underwiter asked me whethe i informed to lloyds when tking plocy about the previous claim from other insurer. As i don't remember whether i did this. if I didn't inform to lloyds two years ago about this(Previous claim from previous insurer) now my claim gets void?
Can somebody advie me please.

thanks

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes, if you didn't disclose the previous claims, expect the insurer to cancel cover immediately, not provide any refund of premium and consider any claims you made under that cover to be void.

If you have the cover cancelled, you should disclose this to any future insurer (for any type of insurance) too, else they may do the same if you come to make a claim against them.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • FlameCloud
    FlameCloud Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Premier wrote: »
    Yes, if you didn't disclose the previous claims, expect the insurer to cancel cover immediately, not provide any refund of premium and consider any claims you made under that cover to be void.

If you have the cover cancelled, you should disclose this to any future insurer (for any type of insurance) too, else they may do the same if you come to make a claim against them.

Whilst correct on a technical level, it doesnt meet with how the FOS expects insurers to treat customers.

The underwriter will have to decide whether the non disclosure was deliberate or not- things such as the size of the claim and date of it will also be taken into account.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Options
    its not necessarity a non disclosure, (even if you dont remember)
    when you ask for aquote from a new company they have a list of questions and there is always the question

Have you claimed in the last 3/5 years ? i would be very surprised if they hadnt asked you this. You would probably have answered honestly-in any case they would have recorded it on tape and have it on paper so i wouldnt worry too much.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • wireless
    wireless Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    I have taken this policy by filling online, not by telephone. anyway underwriter is sending somebody to look at my TV. hope this goes well without any problem or else it's a big damage in this crisis.
  • McKneff
    Options
    did you not print out your online form after filling it in..

Anyway, good luck.
  • wireless
    wireless Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    hi
    what happens if i didn't inform about the previous claim on the previous insurance company? as my underwriter is investigating whether i've informed to the present insurer that i've claimed previously in the past.
    where do i stand? do i loose this claim? as I'm with this present insurer for two years and haven't claimed anything. Can somebody advice what i can do.

• McKneff
    Options
    dont think anyone can advise any further than the last few posts.
    You'll just have to wait and see.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport