We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Newbie on the tube, Oyster charge question
Hi
Bit confused! I have taken a couple of journeys from Baker street to Kings cross. When I scan out it says fare £1.50 and according the the fare prices on the Oyster website its £1.50.
I seem to be be paying £2.50. Am I doing something wrong.
Here is my journey history from my Oyster account
06/10/08 08:08 Kings Cross (Met, Circle, H&C) Exit £2.50 £24.01
07:57 Baker Street Entry - £4.00 £21.51
07:57 Baker Street Top-up £20.00 £25.51
01/10/08 09:37 Kings Cross (Met, Circle, H&C) Exit £2.50 £7.01
09:26 Baker Street Entry - £4.00 £4.51
Bit confused! I have taken a couple of journeys from Baker street to Kings cross. When I scan out it says fare £1.50 and according the the fare prices on the Oyster website its £1.50.
I seem to be be paying £2.50. Am I doing something wrong.
Here is my journey history from my Oyster account
06/10/08 08:08 Kings Cross (Met, Circle, H&C) Exit £2.50 £24.01
07:57 Baker Street Entry - £4.00 £21.51
07:57 Baker Street Top-up £20.00 £25.51
01/10/08 09:37 Kings Cross (Met, Circle, H&C) Exit £2.50 £7.01
09:26 Baker Street Entry - £4.00 £4.51
0
Comments
-
I got confused by the same thing. You're only paying £1.50 because £4 gets deducted when you enter a station, and £2.50 gets reimbursed when you exit the destination (meaning you've paid a net £1.50).0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards