Options
1235»

Comments

• bluffer
    bluffer Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    paisley wrote: »
    The same has happened at the three major Glasgow stores in Scotland machines are turned off and recycle bins in front of the machines - seems to many were abusing the system to claim extra points so I was told at the customer services and the collector of the cans has went out of business.

not sure how you could abuse it unless you owned a bar and took the empties there everyday!
    2023 wins - zilch, nada, big fat duck. quack quack,
  • ANGELFLOWER
    ANGELFLOWER Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The one in Pontypridd has gone.

As for abuse, when we would go with our cans we would quite often see people hogging the machines with a car full of cans - obviously not from personal use!
  • Alison_B
    Alison_B Posts: 2,124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The one in Pontypridd has gone.

As for abuse, when we would go with our cans we would quite often see people hogging the machines with a car full of cans - obviously not from personal use!

Why not? We used to have a small wheelie bin that we would put all our cans into and do a trip once it was full. Didn't live near to the Tesco store that had this machine, so only used to go once in a while.
  • archery
    archery Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BigBelly wrote: »
    My local recycling machine is still working, although there are posters saying it will close. I recycle cans at least once a week but I haven't had any points on my Clubcard online statement since the middle of June even though the machines say I've earned them. Has anyone had points awarded from these machines recently?

my local Tesco recycling machine is also still working, but have stoped putting items in the machine as still waiting for points from over six weeks ago
    Practising Scrooge and stingy old miser.
  • skintsocks
    skintsocks Posts: 423 Forumite
    Options
    The one in Maesteg kept breaking down as people were ramming so many items in at once, or it had a queue there whilst some were cutting their cans in half. I tweeted Tesco yesterday and was told that there is still a machine at Cardiff Pengam store.

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure