We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Appeal against private parking notice

Hi,
I was issued a parking charge notice by a private company (CP Plus) while I was parked in a hospital car park and was wondering if I should appeal against it. I've read other posts suggesting that I should not do anything until I hear from the company.

I parked in the car park while I went in for a appointment. I also displayed a valid ticket for the whole time I was away and displayed it clearly. The notice issued says 'no valid permit. facilities car park'. There are some parts of the hospital which are for staff permit holders only. But this section did not have any signs near it and there was a pay and display machine next to it. I still have the ticket with me which clearly shows that it was valid during the time when the notice was issued.

Should I be writing to the company appealing the notice or should i just ignore it for now till they contact me? The back of the notice says that I have to appeal within 7 days only.

Would appreciate your views on this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,238
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    psriredd wrote: »
    Should I be writing to the company appealing the notice or should i just ignore it for now till they contact me?
    Their "appeal" process is as fraudulent as the ticket in the first place - you will just get a standard letter that says "appeal failed, now pay up."

    These tickets have no legal basis, and cannot be enforced.

    When they write to you, ignore them.

    When their "debt collectors" write to you, ignore them as well.

    When their "solicitors" threaten court action, continue to ignore them.

    After 5 or 6 threatening letters, they usually give up.

    Check out the forums at CAG and Pepipoo for more info.

    I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • True I agree, Just ignore them.

    Or send the letter (if) it ever comes - Not at this address.

    You say that you were parked legally, So don't worry about it.

    What can they do - Come round and beat you up.

    I doubt it.

    Best Of Luck.;)
    Thomson 757 Man
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There is NO appeals procedure, as the others have said.

    Ignore, ignore, ignore.

    For further advice, look at the parking forum on https://www.pepipoo.com.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.