Halifax problem

Options
Hello,

About a month ago, I opened a Halifax student account. I did this online and got sent a letter asking me to send in ID documents. I went through this twice, kept getting them returned saying they weren't good enough. The second time I rang the Halifax as I had no more documents to send - got told the last letter was a computer error and the account had been verified, just needed to pay in £100 at a branch to get my card and PIN sent.

I went to a branch and did this. Got sent from the counter to another advisor who took my account off "application mode". By this time, I was late so I asked if I could use the express pay in to deposit my £100 - he said yes and so I did. I checked online banking when I got home and the account was active with a £100 credit showing.

Now, here's the problem. Tonight I looked on online banking and the balance is showing £0, with no record of the £100 credit which it showed yesterday. I was just wondering what I should do? Will this solve itself once I get my card and PIN. I'm a bit worried they've cancelled the account due to the ID problems I was having.

Another thing I noticed is that on both days, online banking showed myaccount as "enquiry mode only", and wouldn't let me make any transfers etc, just view the balance.

Sorry for a long post - just worried that I have lost £100

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family