1960's party pictures help

Hi, I am looking to put together a 60's themed disc containing pictures and hopefully some newsreels from the 60's to play at a themed party. Can anybody point me in the right direction of where i can get such footage?

Thanks.

Comments

• Dunno where you would get that from but have you looked at scene setters?

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/themes/rock-n-roll_scene_setters.asp
  • Thanks for your suggestion, nice site but not quite what i was after.
    :beer:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If you search for 'Ace Cafe', there's a few pics of bikers in the 60's, and then search again for Vespa and Lambretta and you should be able to find pics of the mods .................then start and all out war! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also google for 'Mary Quant' and you get loads of images of the 60's as well as patterns that might be useful, and another one that might be useful could be 'Twiggy'.

HTH :confused:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I've just searched Mary Quant on youtube and found this one - the mini skirt was a popular thing so maybe search for that, and then anything else 60's on youtube ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • rwaite
    rwaite Posts: 289 Forumite
    Try bbc.co.uk - there may be some news reels on there that you can use.

Otherwise you tube would probably have some and also original videos to 60's music. xxx
  • rwaite
    rwaite Posts: 289 Forumite
    You could also try putting 1960 minto the serach box on yahoo and click on the images tab instead of the web tab - it brings up lots of different pictures that you might be able to use. There is also a videos ab that may have some 1960's footage. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure