Prepaid Travel Money Card

Options
Can anybody recommend a Prepaid Travel Money Card available in USD that under 18's can apply for?

My daughter is going to the USA in 3 weeks and I want to be able to give her one of these for her spending money but all the ones I've looked at are only available to over 18's

Thanks
BSC Member 59 - AD 29th March 2008

Comments

• kiwifruit_2
    Options
    Try the Splash prepaid card. Ive just got one for a 13 yr old who lives in NZ. I keep the main card and send him an additional one attached to the account. I then put money on it which he can withdraw from a cash machine over there. They all have fees attached to them, but the splash card seems more reasonable than most.
    'Normal' is a dryer setting.
  • RichieRockster
    Options
    No primary card can be given to under 18's Kiwi Fruit is right about splash plastic but i think you have to apply twice for two cards. CrewCard give out two cards automatically and are available in USD and Euro however you can only load from the primary card so i think it might be more expensive to run but it does work well.
  • kiwifruit_2
    kiwifruit_2 Posts: 4,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No primary card can be given to under 18's Kiwi Fruit is right about splash plastic but i think you have to apply twice for two cards. CrewCard give out two cards automatically and are available in USD and Euro however you can only load from the primary card so i think it might be more expensive to run but it does work well.

With the Splash card, you apply for your primary card and then can add an additional card to the primary card account. The additional card is permitted to be given to aged 13 and over with the primary (18+) permission. The additional card is also issued in the name of the person you wish to give the card to. Both cards use the same pin number etc.
    'Normal' is a dryer setting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport