Steer clear of TalkTalk!

Options
Whilst renting a house at Uni, I foolishly let a door to door saleman persuade me to get my landline and broadband with TalkTalk. Just to warn everyone out there- don't bother.

I've had nothing but appallingly rude and arrogant customer service, my internet was broken for a month and they refused to even acknowledge it (breaching the Supply of Goods and Services Act) and now, to top it all, they have extended the contract by 4 months without telling me and they want £70 to disconnect it, despite the fact I never agreed to extend my contract in the first place.

Whilst trying to resolve my latest problems with the contract extension, the man I spoke to was incredibly rude and unhelpful and very arrogant, and when I asked to speak to his supervisor he said the only way I could do that would be if they rang me back in an hour... needless to say I never heard anything from anyone.

So if anyone is thinking of going with TalkTalk, don't do it. I would rather have no landline or internet connection than take another contract with them.

Comments

• BYALPHAINDIA
    Options
    Never had any 'Major' problems, BUT and it is a BUT, I once rang their 'Robot' call centre to ask them to 'Bar' some phone numbers.

Spoke to a 'foreign' lady who didn't understand what I wanted.

They would not speak to me as I was not the Account holder.

Why? - what did it matter to them?

So I ended up 'slamming' the receiver down in anger.:mad:

I was sooo mad I felt like telling them what I thought of them.

Theyr'e just idiots at the end of the day.
    Thomson 757 Man
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Don't bother speaking to talk talk. Put everything down in a letter, and send it recorded delivery to their customer complaints.

At least letters don't go to India... so you stand more chance of getting a human response.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • mdbarber
    mdbarber Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Have to be honest we have had a talktalk line in for several years alongside a BT one and when it comes to resolving issues we have had better luck faster with TT than BT
    Think when it comes to call centers and any business where they don't have to face the public, the consumer tends to get a raw deal.
    Next time you get a rude response, say thank you and good bye, make a note of name/date and time then write a letter asking for a copy of the recorded conversation.
    Maybe posting that on youtube might get them to clean up their act.
    click here to achieve nothing!
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    try posting on the talk talk forums here : http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

the people there are people from the car phone warehouse who will look into your complaint and provide a better reposonse than anyone that i have had over the telephone
  • BYALPHAINDIA
    Options
    mdbarber wrote: »
    Have to be honest we have had a talktalk line in for several years alongside a BT one and when it comes to resolving issues we have had better luck faster with TT than BT
    Think when it comes to call centers and any business where they don't have to face the public, the consumer tends to get a raw deal.
    Next time you get a rude response, say thank you and good bye, make a note of name/date and time then write a letter asking for a copy of the recorded conversation.
    Maybe posting that on youtube might get them to clean up their act.

I don't think they will bother with all that.
    Thomson 757 Man
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never had any 'Major' problems, BUT and it is a BUT, I once rang their 'Robot' call centre to ask them to 'Bar' some phone numbers.

Spoke to a 'foreign' lady who didn't understand what I wanted.

They would not speak to me as I was not the Account holder.

Why? - what did it matter to them?

So I ended up 'slamming' the receiver down in anger.:mad:

I was sooo mad I felt like telling them what I thought of them.

Theyr'e just idiots at the end of the day.

So why on earth have you posted on the 5* Board :confused:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1187865
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    But then theres people out there who have talk talk and have had no problems at all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure