Best place to buy shower - Travis Perkins?

Options
I've found a Mira Advanced ATL shower from Travis Perkins for £277.64 including VAT. I've looked at online shops but their delivery record isn't good and this appears to be quite a good price. Does anyone know if TP are ok? They are convenient and can deliver within two days. Any information appreciated.

Comments

• jaspercat2002
    Options
    Have never used travis perkin so no feedback on that but have you tried plumbworld? The delivery was great when we ordered our aqualisa shower from them and was the best price we could find.
    http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/mira-advance-electric-2124-0000

Zoe
  • weekendwarrior
    Options
    If the price is good then go for it ;)

I won't use Travis perkins anymore because they give discounts of up to about 55% to tradesmen but not to Joe Public.

I went in one week and bought some stuff, just a few plumbing joints and bits and bats and nearly dropped through the floor, it cost a fortune!

The week after I went in with my mate in the trade and they were giving him huge discounts of 30% 40% 50% depending on the items. I was fuming and have never been in since.

Travis perkins own Wickes and a share of Toolstation I believe.
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Options
    WeekendWarrior, I'm surprised at that. A couple of years back I bought a load of stuff to do a new patio. Was offered a good discount ( almost 50% off list price ) from Jewsons, went to TP and he said they always aim to beat Jewsons, and gave me another couple of % off. Maybe it's just down to the store manager ?

To the OP, I've had no problems with TP, but it's worth comparing other local stores / builders merchants, and as per my comment above, try and haggle a discount.
  • freeasabird
    Options
    Have never used travis perkin so no feedback on that but have you tried plumbworld? The delivery was great when we ordered our aqualisa shower from them and was the best price we could find.
    http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/mira-advance-electric-2124-0000

Zoe

Hello Zoe,
    The shower I need is cheaper at Plumbworld but I couldn't find any good reviews for the company and I was a bit worried about buying over the internet. One of the complaints about the company was that not all the parts arrive for orders and I need to fit the shower this week so I couldn't mess about with sending anything back.I will definitely consider them next time.

@Weekendwarrior. Thanks for the tip, I'll get a tradesmen to order any materials in future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure