PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Thinking of buying a city centre flat because the builder is giving some incentives?

Options
2»

Comments

• hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sounds a good idea :)
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    lynzpower wrote: »

Oh but Thamesmead has always been a dead and alive hole Lyn. It has no heart, just lots of estates thrown up in the 70s - never had a good reputation, I believe SE28 is the highest insurance post code in London.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    At party time, at least 100.

For rentals, probably 3 as they will use the lounge as a third bedroom.

Mortgage on 60k would be roughly £60 a week, with two students paying £65 a week and mine getting free rent I'm in profit. Won't want to sell before 2014 in all probablility, by which time housing market should be sorted enough to at least get my 60k back.

Actually, you can count in your own kid's rent (tax-free) as otherwise you'd be paying that. I hate to think what condition the flat will be in by the time students have slummed it up for 6 years. :p Apart from that, uncertainty about prices in 2014, and the work involved, it sounds good.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
  • SouthCoast
    SouthCoast Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    Options
    Information on the Leeds new build flat market

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Morris
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    Options
    Lot 299 - £240,000?!

!!!!!!? For that?! Must be a brilliant area surely?
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • scousethife
    Options
    howler wrote: »
    Food for thought for anyone contemplating buying an 'executive' apartment

Ejaculative apartment more like :)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. The one where you showed us Dithering Dad is a complete liar. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SouthCoast wrote: »
    Information on the Leeds new build flat market

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Morris

"irregularities within the businesses is being investigated. These include Mortgage Fraud and significant property over valuation, non payment of rental income to property owners, non payment of rental guarantees, non payment of mortgage subsidy incentives, non payment of deposit incentives, non payment of costs and fees as would had been agreed with clients pre sale, properties having less rentable rooms than they had been valued and sold to clients as having, many properties having the same valuers’ signature despite the properties being in vastly different parts of the country, most of the properties were incapable of achieving the rental income that was stated in Simon Morris’s sales documentation, the service costs for leasehold properties being vastly under-quoted to potential buyers at the time of purchase, distances to the universities were understated in Simon Morris promotional documentation, many properties not finished in line with Morris Property sales documentation, many of the properties sold having extremely high maintenance costs and low tenant satisfaction as a result of the properties having been poorly finished with many having issues such as lack of infrastructure e.g. metering for electricity, gas and water, missing TV Aerials together with damp and non provision of other essential services and furnishings."

Somebody at the wiki is not a happy bunny.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure