Bradford & Bingley savings?

Options
I have a ISA with £3000 and a bond that matures in Nov with £7000.
Should I move them!?!?!?

I dont know what to do

Comments

• Tallyho_2
    Options
    Your theoretically covered for the first £35000 guaranteed
  • Stavros_3
    Stavros_3 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Tallyho wrote: »
    Your theoretically covered for the first £35000 guaranteed

Not theoretically, you are legally protected up to 35k. If your happy with the rates leave them where they are you are fine.
    Liquidity is when you look at your investment portfolio and **** your pants
  • Tallyho_2
    Options
    Stavros wrote: »
    Not theoretically, you are legally protected up to 35k. If your happy with the rates leave them where they are you are fine.

When I say theoretically I was referring to the story that this contingency fund doesn't even have enough in it to cover a fraction of the claims if melt down occured .

I acknowledge the legally section though .
  • baby_boomer
    Options
    Leave the bloody thing - and stop worrying.

It's safer now than it was on Friday.
  • nxss
    nxss Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. i am going to leave it where it is till my bond matures in Nov and then move because my accounts will move over to Abbey?? is that right,?? because i know several people have had bad experiences with that bank, including my 83 year old grandfather being pressured into an online bank account and being sent emails to some email account, when he has never been on the internet in his life?!
  • rocket_socks_2
    Options
    nxss wrote: »
    Thanks for all the input. i am going to leave it where it is till my bond matures in Nov and then move because my accounts will move over to Abbey?? is that right,?? because i know several people have had bad experiences with that bank, including my 83 year old grandfather being pressured into an online bank account and being sent emails to some email account, when he has never been on the internet in his life?!

generally banks wont e-mail you, any e-mails that do appear to come from banks telling you to reinput details tend to be phising emails to steal account details
  • nxss
    nxss Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    sorry i was not clear. he went into the branch to open a new account and they set him up an online account?!
  • juicyjude
    juicyjude Posts: 670 Forumite
    Options
    Dont worry, I have quite a considerable amount with Bradford and Bingley and my 6 month fixed bond matures in Nov also. I am a lot less worried now than I have been since I opened the bond. Bradford and Bingley and Northern Rock, and now any Irish bank guarantee 100% of savers money.
  • twizzel
    twizzel Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nxss wrote: »
    my accounts will move over to Abbey?? is that right,??

I was under the impression that B&B's savings business has already moved over to Abbey ownership, even though it is still branded as B&B.
  • juicyjude
    juicyjude Posts: 670 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I was too. Perhaps someone could enlighten us eh twizzel
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business