Kennel Club Insurance

Options
When I bought my puppy a year ago I was given 2 months free insurance with the Kennel club which I then opted to continue for the rest of the year. The policy does cover lots (£10000 lifetime cover) but it also costs lots at £26 / month compared with say an AXA policy at £11.50.
The kennel club policy is underwritten by Norwich union but when I've looked for it on comparison sites and defaqto I can't find it anywhere.
I was just wondering if anyone else uses KC policy and if otherthan higher amounts insured it has any different / outstanding features.

Comments

• moomin5
    Options
    Do you mean it is £10,000 vets fees cover per year or literally for the life of your pet?

I think the best policies are the ones that will cover a condition for life (as long as you pay the premiums) rather than the type that will pay out for a condition in that policy year but then exclude condition when you renew, remember that you have to disclose existing conditions and they can be excluded, so just switching to a different company when you need to renew won't work.

A high vets fees cover is also good as i'm sure a couple of grand doesn't go far if an op is involved. Its also worth looking into what the terms are for senior years, as if your dog does develop life long condition and end up somewhat tied to the insurer then you need to know if they don't cover past x years or what the % is that your expected to pay alongside your excess.

I've heard good things about More Than and Axa which i think used to underwrite the M&S policy. Lots of people seem happy with Pet plan too, although i don't use any of these personally, but i've yet to make a claim to test out my NFU policy. E & L are renowned in horsey world with the word bargepole!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure