TalkTalk and SKy

I've just received the latest Sky magazine and noticed they were offering unlimited calls to landlines for £7.99 a month (not to mobiles and 0870 etc numbers). So I called TalkTalk where I had there equivalent at £12.99 a month. I gave TalkTalk the opportunity to match the offer which they did! as long as I took line rental from them at £9.99 a month (Min 3 months however) which is still cheaper than BT. Now I'm £5.51 a month better off!

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    And you've lost free Caller I.D. (which, on its own, is more than the 51p you've saved on the line rental), will be paying £7.99 for those 'free' calls (equivalent to 266 calls via 1899 or 18866), risked not being able to route your calls through other providers (only BT have to allow that) and moved yourself down to being 'a third party renter' should you need a line fault repaired.

OTOH, if you were paying Talk Talk £12.99 per month (equivalent to 433 calls via 1899 or 18866), you've certainly saved money. It's just you could probably have saved more.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Also you lose the ability to overide to BT for free to take advantage of cheaper rates.EG.NGN calls. Plus if you were to move,you would have to pay for a line at new address as you are no longer a BT Moving Customer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure