7000 to invest for 4 years - Isa is full - any ideas??

Options
Hi, I've got £7000 ish to invest - I've filled my ISA for the year, it's currently sitting in HSBC doing around 3.8% net.
I would like it to have grown nicely by the time my mortgage deal runs out in four years. I'm toying with moving it to one of the 7% ish accounts in Martin's article, but was wondering if there were any better deals to be had if I don't take it out for a few years.

Advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    4 years is too short to invest unless you are high risk in nature.

Stick with savings/deposit based options.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • arwynbr
    Options
    Thanks - that's what I was thinking really, but just wanted to check if there was anything out there.
    I haven't got the guts to do anything high risk, I get angry if I lose a couple of quid on the football!
  • natman
    natman Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Arwynbr
    I like you dont like risk too much
    My ISA is maxed out so get the big guns out for the high interest saving accounts.
    I have opted for breaking up my savings into savings i can get hold of easy and savings that are more difficicult to get hold of. So perhaps look at fix term bonds for 1, 2, 3 or 4 years with some of your money.

KAUPTHING Edge offer a high interest account 6.55% , plus they also offer fix term bonds for a better % rate of 7.15%.
    In addition ICICI offer a high interest account paying 6.16%, THey too offer a fix term year bond of 7.2%

I have used both of the above firms with no hassle, however people who post things on here tend to like Kauthping better as they highlight ICICI have a poor customer service. I personally have found them both to be fine.

Other than that speak to financial advisor if you want to look at investing in different things..........
    Happy saving
    :rotfl:
  • Lansdowne
    Options
    You could consider putting anything up to £ 3600 in one of the 6-month high fixed rate deals available at the moment, this would then mature just about April 6th when you could move it into a new tax year's ISA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure