npower sign online 13 gas and electricity

Options
We pay our gas & electricity dual fuel by monthly direct debit and are signed up to paperless billing with NPower. Having just received our notice of price increases I thought I would have a check up on U Switch to see if we could save money. It told me I could save £133 a year by going onto NPower Sign Online 13 Gas and Electricity and have paperless billing! Well I'm doing that already so rang NPower to ask if I could change to that tariff. Guess what? it's really for new customers but they were happy to transfer us to it - just asked me to read both meters while we were on the phone. Simple as that, nothing else changes, but the new tariff will save us 10% on each. So much for customer loyalty. My motto - If you don't ask, you don't get.
Hope this helps others cut costs. :beer:

Comments

• Stubbsy055
    Options
    I've just done exactly the same. Exisiting customer and the guy has put me on online 13.

Can't find many details about online 13 on the website though?
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    That is exactly the same tactic that BG have been using i.e. not telling their customers on earlier Click(internet) tariffs that the latest Click 6 tariff is cheaper.

Although BG don't state it is for new customers only.

IMO it should be mandatory for Utility companies to inform customers that there is a cheaper tariff available.

Unfortunately they cannot automatically transfer them to a cheaper tariff in case they want to leave the company under the '65 day rule'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure