Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

new car discount

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
3 replies 790 views
bordercarsbordercars Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
i have seen threads about new car discounts and i suggested maybe buying as a group here on mse, some replies said good idea others said car brokers already exist, this is the idea
reply to this thread if you are interested in buying a new car, i will collect the info and approach a dealer that has several marques to his name, inform him of how many vehicles could be ordered and negotiate the best deal. report back here and everyone will be given a code number or something similar to be able to go and buy. responses please good or bad
Div 1 Play Off Winners 2007
CCC Play Off Winners 2010

would you buy a car this way 9 votes

yes
44% 4 votes
no
55% 5 votes

Replies

• bordercarsbordercars Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    seems strange several posts about using brokers and of course paying them a fee, i offer, unless we have a professional negotiator offering their services for us, to negotiate for a group, get us all the best price, no fees and no takers, maybe i should of made it clear i didn't want anyone to send me any cash just offering to collect information and then negotiate, i thought it was a way for several of us to buy a new car at minimum price.
  • Am def.interested!, am looking at buying possibly 3 cars within the next year.....so where do we go from here?!!
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • bordercarsbordercars Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know LP
    if you look at poll only 3 for and 5 against i would of thought we need a good few like minded souls before we could progress.
    I had a similar thread before and someone suggested maybe it should be done via Martin , whilst i agree we need something concrete for him to work on and i think only 4 or 5 possible purchasers is a no go .
    anyone else got any ideas
This discussion has been closed.