*WHAT BENEFIT CAN I CLAIM?*

This website, What benefits can I claim? from Newcastle Council Social Services dept. has a very useful list of and guide to benefits that are available.

The links below are to questions raised on this board about benefits entitlement.

Don't know which benefit I can claim- Anxiety related condition

Where do I stand? - which benefit?

What am I entitled to? Work & disability SSP - Sickness benefits

Can I claim?

I'm being made redundant-what benefits can I claim?

benefit advice?

Benefits Entitlement - Returning from abroad

What benefits? - son walked out of job
Torgwen.......... :) ...........

Comments

• :T what a great site,lots of information and links to other usefull sites including some that estimate how much benefit you could be entitled to.
    :oBARGAINADDICT
  • MY CONTRIUTION BASED JSA ENDED SO IAPPLIED FOR INCOME BASED IWAS REFUSED BECAUSE MY WIFE EARNS 500 AMONTH GROSS.THEY SAY IAM NOT ENTITLED TO ANY BENEFITS I.E MOGAGE HELP BECAUSE OF THIS.MY MORGAGE AND COUNCIL TAX PLUS WATER GAS AND ELECTRICITY IS NOT COVERED BY MY WIFES EARNING .SURELY IMUST BE ENTITLED TO SOME SORT OF ASSISTANCE.CAN ANYBODY HELP.rl="http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/welfr.nsf/a/introtobens?opendocument#Incapacity Ben"]What benefits can I claim?[/url] from Neiiwcastle Council Social Services dept. has a very useful list of and guide to benefits that are available.

The links below are to questions raised on this board about beneere do I sta"]I'm being made redundant-what benefits can I claim?[/url]

benefit advice?

Benefits Entitlement - Returning from abroad

What benefits? - son walked out of job[/QUOTE]
  • Not looking good for you Billy, they pay if your conts based Jsa has expired, I take it you're signing on for contributions only, which are important as any gaps in conts could result in a shortfall come pension time.
    Once you've had your 6mnths, or whatever it is, you get no more JSA. Have the Jobcentre not been able to help find you anything suitable? Maybe local agencies could help? Good luck!
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
  • Mum_of_5_2
    Mum_of_5_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    My husband and i have 5 children aged from 18 (i think classes as an adult now) 15, 14, 4 and 2. He has always worked and recently was offered a new job, he took the job, handed in his resignation and 2 days before he was due to start the new job, they rang and said due to their financial difficulties they were not honouring the contract, he finished his notice at his original complany the next day and they couldn't take him back as they had already employed someone else. He has managed to find 3 weeks temp work, but that's it, as of next Friday he is unemployed.

I've looked into it all and seen the CAB (who i might add gave me incorrect advice to the tune of telling me i'd have £400 a month more than i will!! - always do your homework and ask the same questions everywhere you can)

As i see it my husband applies for JSA but will probably get contributions based - which i find annoying as he's always worked but now is not entitled to any of the extras that go with the income based and it's taken as income, makes you think not working is the way to go!

I've been told it will be topped up by income based JSA as we are a couple - so does this then entitled us to the extras that income based gives you??

We also get Child Tax Credit adn the Child benefit as well, so we just about cover our bills and mortgage.

However i wondered if anyone else was in the same situation and knew about the JSA and how it works if you are a couple. Also how do you prove you are job searching??

I was thinking of working for a couple of days a week while he's looking and wondered how much that would affect the benefits, i don't want to work if it's going to just mean we get the same, also i noticed with the working tax credits that you have to work over 30 hours, is there any other level that you get help at?

anyway all help greatly appreciated?

thanks
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Mum of 5, you would be better to start your own thread x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Mum_of_5_2
    Mum_of_5_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    hi

yes but i couldn't see how to do it?

thanks
  • Mum_of_5 wrote: »
    hi

yes but i couldn't see how to do it?

thanks

Its at the top left hand corner of this page http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=139

:D
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money, look at who he gives it to" - Joe Moore.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure