IE crashing on replies..

Options
Does anybody else suffer with IE crashing when replying on here?

Quite often i'll get the old 'Microsoft Internet Explorer has chuffed up again, do you want us to send a message that'll be ignored'

I only get that message on here, it's happened on both of my laptops and happened before and after the server upgrade.

It's not a major issue but i can't see it being my ISP as that's the only other thing.

If anybody wants to advise me that i should get rid of IE and download Firefox / Opera / any other browser then i suggest you go bobbing for chips as that's not what i'm asking !!

Comments

• scheming_gypsy
    Options
    Strangely enough as i went to edit my post to tell board guides not to move this to the techie forum as it's an issue with this site only it happened again

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/meko_D/crashed.jpg
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anybody else suffer with IE crashing when replying on here?

Yep , i've been getting that a lot recently. Thought it might be a problem with my laptop at first , but I think it happens on this site mainly , so maybe not if it's happening to you as well :confused:
    Same old same old since 2008

• scheming_gypsy
    Options
    yeah only happens to me on here and know it's not my machine. Could be the database.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I have found problems using MSE with IE too since the new servers but as I don't normally use IE its not been a major problem, rest of the time I bob for chips icon12.gif
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried flushing your caches and history?
    You could also try reinstalling IE (it defnitely looks like a local issue rather than an issue with this site)

I don't get a problem on any of my computers

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    it happens on both laptops Ivan, one is only a month old and been happening since i got it. when i clear my cache and temp internet files i always do a tools > internet options > settings > view files and delete everything from there rather than the standard 'delete files' so i know i've killed everything including cookies.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It seems strange that it is happening on a brand new computer ... what have you installed ... can you back to factory set up and try using it in a 'clean state' for a while? By any chance could you have more than one firewall enabled (that can cause some strange things to occur)

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    Only the one firewall enabled, although it's not doing it now and i'm on one of the laptops. I'm at work though so using a different connection.

It's nothing major, just wondered if it was just me having it, i don't mind having to restart IE occasionally when it happens.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    not getting it on mine, not sure what that is ??

I'm fully up to date with windows patches etc so my build must be the same as yours
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Former_MSE_Neil
    Options
    It is rather puzzling that it has happened to more than one of your machines - do your machines have any of the same software installed in regards to
    virus
    firewalls

any other s/ware that relates to internet traffic?

It looks - from the image that the error occured when the page was drawing the javascript wysiwyg editor and it could be a case that some s/ware on your machine really doesnt like the javascript. Having never had the issue it is difficult to diagnose exactly - however it is unlikely to be the database as suggested.

It maybe worth turning the wysiwyg editor off and seeing if it still occurs? if not working out which software is running that maybe causing the crash
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure