Replacing Bathroom Pullcord Switch - Wiring help!

Options
13»

Comments

• unclepaulie
    Options
    jonesjw wrote: »
    My pull switch worked fine after I unscrewed the top & applied WD40 to the mechanism.

I just took the above advice - unscrew the cover, then unscrew the plate holding the wires from the cover and out pops the mechanism - I was already to wire in a new one to cure a sluggish switch that I feared was about to seize up - a good spray of the springs etc and it is as good as new - back to homebase to get my 5.29 back!:T

Worth considering if you can live with the current condition of the pull switch (I can as renting).
  • slimschutte
    Options
    My wires are red, blk nd earth and I have com L1 and L2 on switch I have similar problem with rcd tripping out, I have tried putting red in com and blk in l1 or l2 and still trips out.

help please
  • james2391
    Options
    Hi guys

Just wondering if any 1 can help me on this.

I have just replaced my pull cord.

I had 3 red wires.

1- was in L1
    2- Were both in C

So i did the same on the new switch but its not working

Any ideas?? I would be very grateful
  • INNEEDOFCASH
    Options
    Hi

Trying to replace my ceiling switch pull cord... the old one was broken when i took it apart so wasnt able to note which terminals held which wires.

I have 1 yellow/green wire
    2 grey wires
    2 black wires
    2 brown wires

the light also has an extractor fan as well.

the fixing has com, L1 and L2

does anyone have any advise where to put what, i have tried a few different combinations and the light will come on but cuts out when i try turning it off.

thanks guys (hopefully)
    Wanna be debt free by ......
    24/4/12 - Overdraft: £1,756.87 - Tesco CC: £900 - Loan: £5,716
  • INNEEDOFCASH
    Options
    Hi,

if anyone does have any ideas for the above it would be amazing as at the moment i have wires hanging in my bathroom.

thanks
    Wanna be debt free by ......
    24/4/12 - Overdraft: £1,756.87 - Tesco CC: £900 - Loan: £5,716
  • Steve_Tomlin
    Options
    muckybutt wrote: »
    1 Yes
    2 Red sheathing denotes that both wires are / could become live
    3 one cable from the light fitting and the other from the fan
    4 both LIVE wires into the terminal marked COM and the other two sheathed wires into L1, connect the earths into the brass earth terminal or put them together in a connector.
    Hi there

I need to replace a pull switch as the cord mechanism has broken. It's in the bathroom and controls the light and fan (there's a downstairs WC which also turns fan on and off but the lights aren't linked)

I have a Rock Ashley pull switch fitted 1992 when house was built

It has a 3 core and earth cable supplying it.

The markings on the back are X rated 250V 15AX & BS3676

The only marking on the front is IN next to 2 terminals

As the cable enters towards the IN side it has red to the first terminal then a short link of red cable from the first to the second terminal

As the cable enters towards the other 2 terminals it has a blue sheathed red cable to the first terminal then a yellow cable to the second terminal on that side

Would you be able to advise on a replacement and if not identical how to wire it?

thanks very much

Steve
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family