I Hate Dell!!!!! Are Dell From Hell ??

Options
All i want is a stupid disc for my 720 printer (that has never worked & comes without lead to connect to computer). Its so simple. Ring dell customer services & listen to all the options & click the appropriate button and wait and wait.They then pass me to customer care ...wait while lots music.....someone finally answers..Can i have disc please? "no sorry i'll have to transfer you to technical suport".....wait 5 minutes to awful music an answer. Foreign lady again.Can i have disc to 720 that has never worked please. "sorry i'll have to transfer you to customer services. I said is this call free? She said no its premium rate . I had a huge rant put the phone down .So i have just paid about £6 to listen to hideous music & to be sent in roundabouts & still no flippin disc. I hate dell, they are a right con & so unhelpful.Website isnt any better iit sends you round in circles too. AAAGGGHHHHHH!

Comments

• phingers
    phingers Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I always correspond with them by email. Send email asking for help-give idea of what you think the problem is-ask for assistance-when they reply with info, email back and ask for direct line for the person you need to deal with-presto.
    "It is far better I say nothing and let people think I am an idiot than to open my mouth and confirm it beyond any doubt."
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mandles
    I don't know if this is any good but I believe the Dell 720 is actually a rebadged Lexmark Z615 which may be easier to find a driver for. Are you sure that your dell doesn't just need the driver set up (do Dell not supply their own drivers on their computers - I thought they might have been pre-installed?).

Try here

I have also heard rumour that Dell do not allow Lexmark cartirdges to work in their printers forcing you to buy overpriced Dell items (so don't rely on using the cheaper Lexmark cartridges). Some people do supply replacement cartridges for Dell printers though.

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,886 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As you have internet access just connect your printer and you will get a message asking for the disk to be put in the drive but there should also be an option to log onto dell.com to pick up the driver (you need to register with the site first I think).
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income