We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi all advice needed on Tax Credit claim.

Options
Hi i am a newbie to the board looking for some advice.I sent off a claim to Tax Credits back in the first week of August it is a joint claim in mine and my husband name we have two children and another due in around 6wks.
Well to cut a long story short i am having a real game with Tax Credits my husband is self employed and i have imformed them off this and that we are awaiting his self assessment return this is the first time we have claimed.

When i recently rang about the claim they had no record off my husband they could only find claim in my name he signed claim form :rolleyes: aswell as myself.

This morning i have had a letter through adressed to me only from the Claiment Compliance Dept no mention of my husband they want to know :-

P60"S and P45"s
Payslips
Contract employment
Statements from bank and building society last 3 mths
Council tax bills
Recent electric,gas television and telephone bills
Any benefits
Mortgage Statement
Know the earnings i can understand but my mortgage and other bills :mad: surely that just down right ott and plain invasion my privacy or am i being too sensitive i just dont see what my bills or more so my mortgage has to do with them

I have rang countless times and seem to be getting nowhere it is like they cant acknowledge my husband exist he is"nt figment my imagination :rotfl:

TBH with another baby due i really dont need this sort hassle starting to wish i had never bothered :confused: any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Doodlesmum

Will speak my mind because that"s how i am :D

Comments

• glitterkitty
    Options
    is there a telephone number for the compliance officer dealing with your case? if not ring the helpline, they should be able to tell you the telephone number of the officer dealing with your case (it SHOULD be in the notes on your claim) if not, ask to speak to a manager, and for them to refer off to TCO to get a callback. You are entitled to ask WHY they need all of this, before sending it. Wages and council tax and benefit details are fair enough, but i dunno why they would be asking for mortgage n things? unless they are trying to establish your husbands details?
    I think there should be the compliance officers details on the letter though, there normally is.
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport