We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

WTC Q please

Options
hi
Iam considering going back to work i have been on incapacity benefit but really need to do something as iam extremly fed up although i always done voluntary work when i could
I already recieve CTC ( daughter is 17 ) at the moment ,

I have two choices available i can do permitted work and earn up too £80 odd & keep my incapacity benefit or i can do under 16hrs and recieve working tax credits and of course lose the incapacity benefit

i spoke with the job centre yesterday and they have worked out for me that i will get working tax credits if i do up to 16hrs which is good as i cannot work full time due to health reasons & iam desperate to get back into work as iam so fed up being at home iam now really looking forward to starting proper work obviously with this choice i will be giving up my incapacity benefit.

The job centre is suggesting that i do the permited work at the moment to test the water with my health , iam just wondering if anybody here knows if i would stll be entitled to the WTC when my daughter leaves education , i know i would lose the child tax credits but dont know anything about the WTC.

Iam in a bit off a dilema really as dont know which path to take my daughter may leave school when she is 18 and may go to uni if accepted so just wondering if she did leave education do i still get WTC ....oh iam going round in circles here lol i will have the readers heads spinning sorry.

HELP lol

m x

Comments

• glitterkitty
    Options
    you wont get working tax credits if you work less than 16 hours
    the only debt left now is on credit cards! The evil loan has gone!! :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing