We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IB50 Med 4 Confusion

Options
Hi again,
Just a quickie to help me to understand the weird and wonderful workings of the IB system, please!
I've been sent an IB50 form after 13 months of being off work and on IB. I guess this has been delayed beyond the normal 28 weeks as I've been on chemotherapy. I read that it's normal to have to sumbit a 'Med 4' with this, although this is not requested with my own IB50. So, do I read anything into this at all? (Except that I'm going mad) Does the lack of a MED4 request suggest anything at all about the way they're treating my own case?
This is the FIRST IB50 I've been asked to complete.
Hope I'm not wasting your time with this!
Thanks, as ever!!
James

Comments

• foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't worry, - if they're not asking for one, don't send one.
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I dont think you can read anything into it, it is probably an oversight on their part.
  • stazi
    stazi Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    Due to your illness, the PCA may well have been applied to you, without you having to complete an IB50.
    A MED 4 is normally requested on the first IB50, but as others have said, it is nothing to worry about.
    Just ensure that you complete and return the IB50 within the time limit.
  • James123_2
    Options
    Brilliant answers everyone - thank you. Any more thoughts would be welcomed. I just a bit daunted by the form itself.
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was not issued with an IB50 until I was on IB for a 18 months as I was exempt for first year. They did not ask for MED4 and when I rang to ask why they said they "had all the medical evidence they needed" I think they said they had already contacted my doctor.

Do not worry about it , good luck with filling in the form.
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • James123_2
    Options
    Thanks again to all ... will start the job of filling this out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure